Frequently Asked Questions.
What is coaching?.
Coaching is professional and personal development.
Coaching is professional and personal development. It’s for passionate people who want more from their professional and personal lives. Coaching empowers individuals to set larger, more rewarding goals, to develop strategies to achieve them and to provide support throughout the process. Coaching also holds the individual to account and this accountability means that the success rate of goal achievement is much higher than without.
Why does coaching work?.
Coaching works for high performers because they know that while they have a level of success, there is a gap between the level they are currently operating at, and where they know they can be.
Successful clients know the value of sharing ideas with someone who understands them and their motivations. Talking about options with an intent listener is often the best formula for optimal decision-making and action.
Coaching is effective because:
- Confidentiality: The collaboration between Coach and Client is 100% confidential and free of judgement. The environment of a coaching session is a place where the client is encouraged to be authentic, where they can think and speak in a manner that is true to their own core values. The client is at their best when they are free to be true to themselves.
- A Trusting Collaboration: Client and coach become a team, focusing on the client’s goals and needs and accomplishing more than the client would alone.
- Accountability: With a coach, the client takes more actions, thinks bigger and gets the job done, thanks to the accountability the coach provides.
- Expertise: The coach has a skill-set that empowers the client to make better decisions, set optimal goals, develop new skills for communicating and shape their professional and personal lives for fulfilment and balance.
How do the coaching sessions work?.
Coaching is either done in person or virtually.
Initially, the coach and client conduct a coaching chemistry session prior to each engaging in a contract. This is done to ensure that the client is a good fit for coaching at that time and for both parties to become somewhat familiar with each other and how the process works.
Once satisfied that both parties are ready to progress, a contract is agreed for the term of work carried out. Initial term of the contract is usually for 6 sessions, once every 2 weeks for 1.5 hours but this can be tailored to the clients needs and circumstances.
What happens when you begin a contract with a coach?.
- You take yourself and what you want more seriously by holding yourself accountable.
- You take more effective and focused actions immediately.
- You stop putting up with things that get in your way.
- You create momentum to achieve more, be more balanced and develop more powerful skills.
- You set personal goals that are clear and meet your needs.
- You identify and eliminate the barriers that get in the way of the achievement of goals.
- You communicate what you need and what you want from others in a more responsible way.
How can a Manager / Executive use a coach?.
Coaching creates an environment where there is freedom from judgment and freedom from expectations that executives behave according to typical corporate mandates.
In this environment, it is safe to question, appear vulnerable, observe, explore, experiment, learn and change. Leaders seek the assistance of a coach for various reasons:
- To achieve greater business results.
- To integrate business and personal life for balance.
- To prioritise actions.
- To turn around a difficult situation.
- To assist in setting a vision and direction, allowing a team to work together to reach extraordinary goals.
'I started working with John during the initial phases of Covid as I scrambled to keep the business robust and growing.
It may seem simple to sit down with someone and talk through your business but I can't stress how important it is for an entrepreneur to be challenged by that outside voice.
The process for me helped to bring out what was already inside and action it. Deep down we often know what the right course of action in business is but need that push. John was both subtle and direct in giving me that push. He brought clarity to my business and sharpened me up to be a better entrepreneur. You've nothing to lose - get him on board.'
Team Wear Store.ie / Purazine Ireland